Fall is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the outdoors while also moving your body. Take advantage of the cooler temps and beautiful fall leaves by safely checking out these St. Louis trails:
- Tower Grove Park (4257 Northeast Dr) is the perfect place to see the change in leaves, with paved and spacious roads, this park is perfect for walking, running, or biking
- Castlewood State Park (1401 Kiefer Creek) is just 30 minutes southwest of St. Louis and a great destination if you’re looking for a more nature-y feel. With trails ranging from 1.5 to 6.3 miles, there is something for every level.
- Elephant Rocks State Park (Bellview, MO) is an hour away from St. Louis, but worth the trek! With a paved one mile loop around the park and additional optional trails, there are plenty of views of both the unique boulders and the colorful leaves.
- Forest Park (5595 Grand Dr) is a classic St. Louis spot that only gets better in the fall. There are many trails to choose from creating endless opportunities to see the change in colors.
- Bellefontaine Cemetery (4947 W. Florissant Ave) may not be your typical walking location, but plenty of trees and paved roads make this a great location to walk and see the leaves change.
- Main Street St. Charles (Main St) is not a park, but it provides a great opportunity to walk and see both festive decorations and beautiful trees. The shopping and entertainment district around Main Street, along with its proximity to the Katy Trail, make St. Charles the perfect destination to get in your steps and spend your Saturday enjoying Fall.
There are so many more places that could on this list! If you would like recommendations or have your own suggestions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please remember to abide by current guidelines when out in public.