FOR THE TACO SALAD:
- 2 fajita-size flour tortillas — swap corn tortillas to make gluten free
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil — divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt — divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper — divided
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce — roughly chopped
- 1 can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained — (15 ounces)
- 1 can Mexican-style corn, drained — (11 ounces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes — halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado — peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
FOR THE SALSA YOGURT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Bake the tortilla strips: Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Cut the tortillas into strips, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and bake at 425 degrees F until golden.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high. Add the turkey and spices, stirring to coat. Breaking up meat as you cook.
- In a bowl, stir together dressing ingredients.
- Place the romaine in a serving bowl, add the salad ingredients, and top with the dressing. Toss to combine, sprinkle with tortilla strips, and serve. ENJOY!