By Gloria Stoverink
Add some veggies to your Christmas morning with this make-ahead Veggie Egg Bake.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese or cheese of choice
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a large casserole pan with oil or butter.
- Add a drizzle of oil to pan and stir in onion over medium heat. Cook until translucent (about 3 minutes). Add in bell pepper and cook for 1 minute. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk well and add milk. Add cooked onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, kale, cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. *You can stop here and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator and bake in the morning, if desired.
- Add mixture to casserole pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.